Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 has finally been launched at an event in China and it sports a massive 5.66-inch bezel-less display. The smartphone is the highly anticipated follow-up to the company’s original bezel-less smartphone, but this time the size of the device has been reduced. Along with the Mi Mix 2, the company even launched the Xiaomi Mi Note 3 with dual rear cameras at the same event and then there’s also the Special Edition of Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 that comes with a ceramic body, 8 GB RAM and 128 GB of storage.
Xiaomi launched their highly anticipated devices just a day before the new iPhone launch event. This shows that the company is extremely confident in everything their smartphones brings to the table. If you were waiting for the smartphone’s launch, then let’s have a look at all the specifications and features of the device.
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 Specs and Features:
- It features a huge 5.66-inch bezel-less FHD display with 18:9 aspect ratio and 2160x1080p resolution.
- The dual SIM Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 is powered by Snapdragon 835 SoC clocked at up to 2.45GHz and is coupled with 6GB of RAM while the Special Edition smartphone features a 8GB of RAM.
- The 6GB model comes with 3 storage options – 64GB, 128GB or 256GB, while the 8GB Special Edition model comes with 128GB storage option and a ceramic body.
- The smartphone sports a single camera on the back, a 12-megapixel Sony IMX386 sensor and features a 4-axis optical image stabilization while the front camera has a 5MP resolution.
- Connectivity options include 4G LTE, dual-band (2.4GHz and 5GHz) Wi-Fi 802.11ac, GPS/A-GPS, Bluetooth v5.0, and USB Type-C.
- The smartphone also features accelerometer, ambient light sensor, gyroscope, barometer, digital compass and ultrasonic proximity sensor.
- Both the smartphones, the 6GB model and the 8GB model, are powered by a 3400mAh battery.
Since the smartphone is available in multiple storage variants, the pricing is different as well. The 6GB+64GB variant costs CNY 3299 (roughly $505), the 6GB+128GB variant costs CNY 3599 (roughly $551) and the 6GB+256GB variant costs CNY 3999 (roughly $613). The 8GB+128GB Special Edition smartphone with full ceramic body will cost CNY 4699 (roughly $720).
Xiaomi Mi Note 3 Specs and Features:
- The Xiaomi Mi Note 3 is also a dual SIM smartphone that features a 5.5-inch full HD display with 1080×1920 pixels resolution.
- It is powered by Snapdragon 660 SoC clocked at 2.2 GHz coupled with 6GB LPDDR4x RAM and it comes with 64GB and 128GB storage options with no expansion.
- The smartphone sports a dual rear camera setup with 12-megapixel sensor with a wide angle lens and 4-axis OIS while the seconds 12-megapixel sensor coupled with a telephoto lens and these dual cameras offer 2x optical zoom with PDAF. It also sports a 16-megapixel front camera as well.
- Connectivity options in the smartphone include 4G LTE, dual-band (2.4GHz and 5GHz) Wi-Fi 802.11c, Bluetooth v5.0, GPS/A-GPS, and USB Type-C.
- The smartphone also features accelerometer, digital compass, ambient light sensor, proximity sensor, gyroscope and infrared sensor.
- It is powered by a 3500mAh battery.
The Xiaomi Mi Note 3 comes in multiple variants with different storage options and thus the pricing is different as well. The 6GB+64GB model is priced at CNY 2499 (roughly $383), the 6GB+128GB model is priced at CNY 2899 (roughly $444) and the 6GB+128GB model is priced at CNY 2999 (roughly $460).
Both the smartphones, the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 and the Xiaomi Mi Note 3 will go on sale in China from Friday, September 15 while the Special Edition of Mi Mix 2 will be available from November.
If you are a fan of the Xiaomi smartphones and were waiting for this highly anticipated devices, then your wait is over. Do let us know what you think about these devices in the comments below!