Taking screenshots is one of the most basic thing and yet one of the most used feature in a smartphone. Everyone takes screenshots on their phone, it may be of some games or apps or just to share their home screen layout. Normally, with any smartphone, taking screenshots is a simple task that can be accomplished in one way, but with the Samsung Galaxy Note 8, there are multiple ways that you can do that. In this article, we will be seeing different ways to take screenshots on Samsung Galaxy Note 8.
The flagship smartphone from the South Korean company offers a ton of features to its users and there are several reason why it’s already considered as one of the best smartphones of 2017. You can take screenshots of your screen, capture a small portion of the page, or capture the entire page with scrollable content. So, let’s take a look at all the different methods that you can use on your Samsung Galaxy Note 8 to capture a screenshots.
How to Take Screenshots on Samsung Galaxy Note 8?
Method 1: Using Physical Buttons
This is the conventional method that everyone is familiar with. You press a combination of keys at the same time to capture the screen of your smartphone. It’s quick and simple way to capture what’s visible on your phone at that time.
- Open the app or navigate to the screen that you want to capture.
- Now, press and hold the Volume Down and Power button simultaneously for a few seconds.
- You will see the screenshot being captured.
Method 2: Using Palm Swipe
The smartphone offers a variety of gestures that you can use to perform various tasks and one of these is taking a screenshot. Before you follow the below steps, go to Settings > Advanced Features and make sure that the “Palm Swipe to Capture” feature is enabled.
- Navigate to the app or the screen that you want to capture.
- Now place your hand in a vertical position on either side of the screen.
- Next, you need to swipe your palm all the way to the other side of the screen.
- You will see the screenshot being captured, and you can view it by clicking on the image in the notifications panel.
The alignment of your hand should be proper otherwise it won’t capture a screenshot. If you are accustomed of using the Palm Swipe method, then you can use it; but if you are not getting success, then use the physical buttons method.[Also See: Best Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Cases]
Method 3: Scroll Capture
There are times when you want to capture the entire page instead of just what is visible on the screen. If you want to take a screenshot on your Samsung Galaxy Note 8 of the scrollable pages and content, then you need to use the below steps.
Before following the below steps, go to Settings > Advanced Features and make sure that the Smart Capture feature is enabled for the Scroll Capture to work.
- Navigate to the screen that you want to capture.
- Use the method 1 (physical buttons) or the method 2 (palm swipe) to take a screenshot.
- A preview of the image will appear on your screen with multiple options at the bottom.
- One of these options will be “Scroll Capture”.
- Tap on this button and keep pressing it to keep going down the page and capturing the entire thing.
Method 4: Smart Select
One of the defining features of a Galaxy Note smartphone is its S-Pen and it can perform a lot of awesome tasks on it. If you want to capture only a part of the screen and not the entire page, you can use your S-Pen to do that.
- Go to the page or the screen where you want to capture the screenshot.
- Take out the S-Pen and an Air Command will launch showing multiple options.
- Tap on “Smart Select” option.
- Select any mode you prefer and then select the area on the screen you want to capture with your S-Pen.
You can also open the Edge Panel (if it’s enabled in Settings > Display > Edge Screen > Edge Panel) and then slide left/right until you find the Smart Select option and tap on it.
Using this method is quite useful when you want to capture screenshots in various shapes (like oval, round, square or just random shape) and edit the image before sharing it.[Also See: Best Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Accessories]
These are the methods that you can use to take screenshots on Samsung Galaxy Note 8. If you liked the article, then share it with your friends and also share your views and feedback with us via the comments section below!