Samsung Galaxy Note 8 has been officially launched in India after it was unveiled globally last month. Although, the Note7 was a huge debacle for the company, it has recovered extremely well with the launch of Samsung Galaxy S8 earlier this year and the Galaxy Note 8 looks pretty strong too as it broke the presale records compared to the previous models.
The flagship device from the South Korean company sports a huge 6.3-inch Infinity Display, which is the largest display ever on a Samsung Galaxy Note device. Although the display is one of its best features, there are lots more under the hood that’s gonna play a big role in making it one of the best smartphones of the year. Just like it features the largest display yet, it also is the first Samsung smartphone to feature dual rear camera setup.
In this article, we are not only going to look at the awesome features that make it one of the best smartphones of the year, but we are also going to check out the offers that you can take advantage of!
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Specs and Features:
- The smartphone sports a huge 6.3-inch QHD+ Super AMOLED Infinity Display (1440×2960 pixels) with 551ppi and screen aspect ratio of 18:5:9.
- It is powered by a Samsung Exynos 8895 SoC processor (4 cores clocked at 2.3GHz and 4 cores clocked at 1.7GHz) and runs on Android 7.1.1 Nougat OS.
- It features 6GB of LPDDR4 RAM with 64GB inbuilt storage and you can use a microSD card to expand the storage up to 256GB.
- The Galaxy Note 8 features a dual rear camera setup with dual optical image stabilization. The setup includes a 12-megapixel sensor with wide-angle lens, f/1.7 aperture and Dual Pixel autofocus and a 12-megapixel second sensor with a telephoto lens and f/2.4 aperture.
- This camera setup will enable the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 to provide depth of field effects like Bokeh along with the ability to capture an image simultaneously with each camera.
- The smartphone even sports an 8-megapixel camera on the front with autofocus and f/1.7 aperture.
- Connectivity options on the smartphone include 4G VoLTE, Bluetooth v5.0, dual-band (2.4GHz and 5GHz) Wi-Fi 802.11ac, GPS/A-GPS, NFC, MST, 3.5mm headphone jack, and USB Type-C, and the smartphone has a hybrid dual-SIM configuration.
- There are some sensors onboard as well like the ambient light sensor, the proximity sensor, gyroscope, accelerometer, barometer, digital compass, heart rate monitor, iris scanners and others.
- The entire flagship smartphone is powered by a 3300mAh battery.
- The S-Pen stylus, just like the phone, is IP-68 certified and can withstand being underwater for up to 1.5 meters deep and up to 30 minutes long.
The launch event for the smartphone was today and we even learned that Bixby virtual assistant will be launching in India soon and will understand Indian languages along with the accents. The Bixby assistant will launch later this month for Samsung Galaxy S8, Samsung Galaxy S8+ and Samsung Galaxy Note 8.
[Also See: Best Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Cases]
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Price and Launch Offers:
The company has launched only the 64GB variant in India and the color options include Maple Gold and Midnight Black. The smartphone is priced at Rs. 67,900 and the pre-bookings have begun. You can pre-order the phone right this instant and get it by the end of the month. The shipping process will start from September 21, when it goes on sale.
If you are keen on buying the device, then do so at the earliest because the early buyers will also a free wireless charger bundled with the smartphone along with a one-time screen replacement.
So, what did you think about the new Samsung Galaxy Note8? Did you like the device? Are you going to buy it? Do let us know your views in the comments section below!