Apple launched the new smartphones at an event in September and since we knew about the design changes in the iPhone X, we all were eagerly waiting for it to be unveiled. With the removal of the Home button and a near-bezelless display, it has become one of the most beautiful smartphones of the year. Also, along with the iPhone X, the iPhone 8 and 8 Plus were also launched at the event which are standard upgrades of the previous models.
If you have used a smartphone, then you would know that they sometimes get stuck at some screen or start lagging, for no apparent reason. When something out of the ordinary happens, we all do one thing and that is restart/reboot our device. The same thing is true for iPhones as well and you might be wondering how to restart iPhone X as well as iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus. In this article, we will be seeing all the different ways that you can use to restart your iPhones as well as shut it down.
How to Force Reboot iPhone X, iPhone 8 and 8 Plus?
If your iPhone is not responding to your commands, or isn’t working the way it’s supposed to be, you need to force reboot it to fix the problem. To force reboot your new iPhone, you need to follow the steps below:
- First of all, press and release the Volume Up button.
- Next, press and release the Volume Down button.
- Next, press and hold the Side button until your see the Apple logo on the screen.
Your phone will now restart and it will fix any problems you had before. There is another way to restart your device as well without using any physical buttons.
How to Restart iPhone X, iPhone 8 and 8 Plus without Physical Buttons?
In case, you don’t want to use the physical buttons on your device to restart it, or the buttons are not working for some reason, you could use the AssistiveTouch feature to do it more comfortably.
- Open the Settings app on your phone and then tap on General.
- Next, tap on Accessibility and then tap on AssistiveTouch and switch it ON.
- Once you enable the AssistiveTouch feature, the floating button will appear on your screen.
- Tap on the floating button and then tap on Device.
- Next, tap on More.
- Finally, tap on Restart.
Your iPhone will now be restarted in a few seconds. You can use any of these methods to restart your iPhone X or iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus within minutes.
How to Shut Down iPhone X, iPhone 8 and 8 Plus with Physical Button?
- Press and hold the Side button (the Power On/Off button) on your iPhone for a few moments.
- A slider will appear on your screen that says “slide to power off”.
- Swipe the slider from left to right.
Your iPhone X, or iPhone 8 and 8 Plus will now shut down after following the above steps.[Read: Take Screenshots on iPhone 8 and 8 Plus]
How to Shut Down iPhone X, 8 and 8 Plus without Power Button?
- Launch the Settings app and then tap on General.
- Now, scroll down all the way to the bottom and tap on Shut Down.
- A slider will appear on the screen saying “slide to power off”.
- Swipe the slider to the right and your device will shut down.
This is how you can shut down your iPhone with and without the power button. To turn it back on, you simply need to press hold the side button for a few moments.
I hope that now you know just how easy it is to shut down and restart iPhone X, iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus with and without the physical buttons. If you liked the article, then make sure to share it with your friends as it will be helpful when they get their hands on these new smartphones.
- How to Access Home Screen and Open Control Center on iPhone X?
- How to Use App Switcher on iPhone X?
- How to Use Apple Pay on iPhone X?
- How to Setup and Use Face ID on iPhone X?
- How to Take Screenshots on iPhone X?