When you own an Android device, you will use it for a variety of purposes – sometimes you will play games, while the other times you will surf the Internet or download music, movies and more. However, doing all these puts a huge strain on your battery life and you need to use one of the best battery saver apps on your Android phone to reduce the battery usage.
There are a lot of ways that you can use to save the battery juice from draining, but the best way to do that is to use a battery saver application as it will take away all the manual work and all you have to do is click on a single button to close all the background tasks, hibernate the apps and save the battery life. Although, smartphones come with huge battery backup nowadays; having a battery saver app will ensure that you have your phone up and running when you most need it.
In this article, we will be talking about some of the best battery saver apps for Android that you can download on your device directly from Google Play Store. The list contains app that are free to download but also have a premium version that you can purchase to get advanced features and get rid of all the ads from the app.
10 Best Battery Saver Apps for Android
The first app that comes to mind when it comes to saving your device’s battery life is Greenify! The application is extremely popular, especially for users who like to root their device. Using the app, you can make sure that none of the applications installed on your phone run in the background and drain the battery life. The app will hibernate all the apps and the new “Aggressive Doze” and “Doze on the Go” feature helps you maximize your battery savings. The application is available for rooted devices as well as non-rooted Android devices.
- Greenify all the apps and games installed on your device that drain your battery life and hog all the memory while running stealthily in the background.
- Select all the apps that you want to put into hibernation and make sure to hibernate apps that you rely on a daily basis, like an alarm clock app or a messenger app.
- Create a shortcut on the homescreen of your device to hibernate the apps instantly.
2. Avast Battery Saver
Avast Battery saver app is one of the best apps on the Google Play Store to save your device’s battery life and help it last longer. It stops all the apps on your phone that you aren’t using at the moment and even optimize your phone’s setting to suit the environment. There are also pre-configured profiles available in the app to save the battery life according to your surrounding and the usage of the phone.
- Stop all the apps running in the background with one simple tap.
- The app’s adaptive energy estimate function, you will know just how much battery life you have left before the phone dies.
- Choose from 5 pre-configured profiles – Smart, Home, Work, Night and Emergency – and save the battery life.
- Get alerts to switch to a different profile based on your activity and battery level.
3. DU Battery Saver
When it comes to the best battery saver apps for Android, one can’t forget to list down DU Battery Saver application as it is considered as one of the best apps for Android. It comes with a lot of features that help you minimize the battery usage and extend the time frame. It also provides various saving modes, phone cooler option, advanced saving option as well as healthy charging mode to charge your phone in a way that it prolongs that battery life.
- One-click optimization and battery saver helps you close all the apps running in the background and free up the memory space.
- You can choose from various smart pre-set modes according to your battery usage.
- The phone cooler feature of the app monitors the system usage and disables the apps with high CPU usage.
- The app also provides you with a power-saving widget that you can add on your homepage to instantly optimize your device and save the battery life.
4. Battery Doctor
Battery Doctor app is used by hundreds of millions of users worldwide making it one of the best battery saver apps for Android. The application is free and allows you to stop the power-consuming apps on your device with a single tap. Apart from that, you can use the Charge Master feature to monitor the charging status with 3-stage charging system and have full control over the power-draining apps to maximize the battery life.
- Optimize your smartphone and stop all the apps running in the background with one single tap.
- The power-saving widget allows you to access the power-related system settings on your phone quickly so that you can make changes to decrease the battery drain.
- You can even kill apps when the screen is off, see the accurate battery time as well as charging time remaining, control brightness and more.
- You can schedule the power saving modes to maximize the battery output.
5. Battery Optimizer & Cleaner
The Battery Optimizer & Cleaner app from Intel Security is designed to get the most out of your smartphones by providing it a boost in performance and battery life. It comes with Quick Booster feature that instantly boosts your device’s performance and the Battery Saver feature that shuts down all the power-draining apps running the background to save the battery juice.
- It comes with a Storage Cleaner option that is extremely useful when you want to get rid of the hidden and unnecessary app-related files as well as copied photos and freeing up the space on your phone.
- The Speed Booster feature improves the performance and speed of your device by deleting the temporary data from the apps.
- The app detects the power-consuming apps on your phone so that you can choose to close it to maximize the battery life and you can even get the real-time estimate on how many hours your battery will hold.
- You can even monitor the mobile data with the app to avoid any extra data usage.
6. 360 Battery – Battery Saver
The 360 Battery Saver app comes with intelligent power saving option that offers various optimization options depending on different scenarios. You can shut down all the battery-draining apps running in the background with one tap and also take care of the auto-starting apps to save the battery life. Moreover, you can monitor the temperature, battery power pressure, remaining battery time and use the 24-hour power consumption chart to monitor your battery status.
- Shut down all the apps running in the background instantly with one tap.
- Terminate the auto-starting apps as well as the apps that activate by other processes to save the battery life.
- Use various options to save power based on multiple usage scenarios to save as much battery life as you can.
- The healthy charging feature allows you to charge your smartphone or tablet while ensuring that the battery stay in the best condition possible during the entire process.
7. GO Battery Saver & Power Widget
The last one on the list, but definitely one of the best battery saver apps for Android is GO Battery Saver & Power Widget. With features like instant device optimization to give the maximum battery life, power consumption tracking and healthy charging, it allows you to save the battery juice and increase the time you can use your phone. The app also estimates the accurate battery time remaining and show you how much power will be extended if you shut down WiFi, Bluetooth and similar services.
- With the app, you can easily optimize your phone for better performance by killing the battery draining apps.
- It will even show you the app usage data and give you the option to clean all the junk files from your system to free up the space.
- With the Intelligent charge feature, you can easily extend the battery life.
- Track the power consumption of the apps on your phone to see which app drains the maximum battery juice.
- Use from the various savings mode available in the app to save battery or use the Smart switch feature to switch power modes automatically depending on the time or battery status.
These were some of the best battery saving Android apps that you can use on your smartphone or tablet to extend your battery life. There are many different ways that you can decrease the battery consumption, but having a battery saving application helps you do all the work in a much more efficient manner. So, download one of these best battery saver apps for Android and also share it with others, so that they too can take advantage of them!